Reconcile all people of all nations to God through Christ
CHURCH WEEKLY PROGRAM
- Youth Gathering 6.00-8.00pm (Church Grounds)
- Aboriginal Men’s Gathering: Dharawal Men’s Aboriginal Corporation DMAC (Held at Minto bush camp 10.00am – Lot 6 Howard’s Rd Minto Heights)
- Prayer Meeting at church building – 1.30pm (Church office)
- Bible Yarning Time – 5.30pm (Church office)
- Church service Sunday 10am (Held at St Peter’s Church – 12 Cordeaux St Campbelltown)
HISTORY OF OUR CHURCH
This gathering of several Aboriginal Aunts in Minto began around 2000 as a result of experiencing racism from other mainstream churches. For a couple of years the Sunday Services were taken by a roster of indigenous pastors coming over on Sundays from different churches to minister to them.
They then approached the Sydney Anglican Indigenous People’s Committee and obtained funding for a full time pastor in 2003.
The Church has met in various locations but since entering a partnership with St Peter’s Anglican Church in late 2011, we have been using St Peter’s Church in Campbelltown for our Sunday service and other church activities.
As our church has a heart for training Aboriginal people for leadership and ministry we have been providing traineeships for Aboriginal people since 2010 equipping young leaders for the future.
Our approach includes:
- Reading & studying Gods word
- Praying together
- Being accountable
- Being committed
- Being faithful
Since 2000 our Church has had the privilege to faithfully minister to the people of the Macarthur Aboriginal community. This is a much needed ministry because:
- NSW has the highest population of Aboriginal people within Australia (148,200);
- Sydney has the largest urban population of Aboriginal people (41,800);
- Macarthur Region has the 2nd highest population of Aboriginal people in NSW (approx. 10,000 people).
- All need to hear the good news of the Lord Jesus Christ
Every Sunday morning from 10am in the Church building at the top end of Mawson Park – all welcome!
SUPPORT THE MINISTRY TO OUR INDIGENOUS COMMUNITY
Please Pray for us: a regular newsletter is sent out for supporters. If you would like to join our mailing list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit us: come and praise God with us as we hear his Word on a Sunday morning at 10am.
Please give financially to support us: we are funded by SAIPMC, St Peter’s Anglican Church and the generosity of supporters. We need to raise $50,000 each year to continue our current ministry. You can give by direct debit to
St Peter’s Anglican Church Campbelltown
We accept cheques made out to St Peter’s Anglican Church Campbelltown at Macarthur Indigenous Church, PO Box 560, Campbelltown, 2560.
We can accept payments via a PayPal account. Please contact our office for details on 4625 1041 or email@example.com.
Thanks for your generous partnership in the Gospel.