From time to time, important things can get missed! We like to keep everyone in the loop so here are 9 things worth knowing this week.
1. We have had many people campaigning on various fronts against the NSW Abortion Bill. I was so glad to go with three women from our church to see Greg Warren MP two weeks ago and hear their stories. Seeing the Gospel in action as we seek to protect the vulnerable is wonderful.
2. James Massey recently took over from Nick Ford in directing Friday Night Youth. James has been a part of the team for about 5 years and is both a qualified teacher and is studying at Youthworks College towards his Advanced Diploma of Theology. Please pray for James and the team.
3. The Wardens of St Andrew’s have begun a fundraising campaign for Olivia Greenwood, a young member of our church with a rare cancer. A fundraising event will be held on Saturday 24th August at 5pm at St Andrew’s. All welcome. $10 entry.
4. The Wardens of St Peter’s are continuing with complex and intricate background work on a potential building project on the St Peter’s site. A recently completed heritage report has been sent back to the Master Planning Architect for consideration. It all takes time but our Wardens are being careful and frugal.
5. The Parish Council recently agreed to take on a Student Minister from Moore College in 2020. We will hopefully be making an offer to a current student to take up this training position in the week ahead.
6. We are hoping to make some announcements about progress towards a Youth and Children’s Ministry Pastor next Sunday. Thanks to all those people who have pledged towards this campaign thus far. We are hoping to make an appointment with a view to 2020 but more about that next week!
7. We have begun Ministry Planning for 2020 and are really excited about all the opportunities that God has laid before us. We particularly want to see people’s gifts used for ministry in whatever way that is possible. If you have ideas for how you would like to be serving in church, or just know you want to but don’t know where, speak to a member of staff!
8. MEGACHURCH is always a highlight of the year and we will be gathering as one on 20th October at 9.30am. I am so thankful for this annual event where we all do church together. There are no other services in our church that day!
9. As a church, we are starting to engage more significantly with the online world. We recognise the dangers that exist there but we also recognise that many people use social media to start and drive relationships. We want to allow the Gospel to be present there so that people might start and drive their relationship with God. We now have a weekly Sermon Extra and other projects that are about to launch.
Thanks for your prayers and partnership in the Gospel in Campbelltown.